Canadian West Coast Voyages by Boutique Ship
The Sunshine Coast
The wild Sunshine Coast within Vancouver's backyard
Adventure along the Strait of Georgia
Off the coast of Vancouver, found between the open waters of Howe Sound and the inlets of Desolation Sound lies the Sunshine Coast. This 180 kilometre stretch of rainforest is connected to the mainland but is also separate as the mountains dominate the landscape, preventing any roads from accessing these communities. Visitors instead arrive through scenic transportation via the sea or air.
Originally a fishing and logging hub for settlers, the Sunshine Coast has become a popular retreat for those seeking isolation without having to travel long distances. The many villages offer a blend of westcoast adventure, arts culture, Indigenous history, and modern appeal.
As part of the Sea-to-Sky Corridor, like many other regions in BC, the Sunshine Coast is home to lush trails and parks to the delight of nature enthusiasts. For those wanting to experience the culture of the towns, this area is known for their many breweries and distilleries, spas & retreats, and restaurants serving fresh local ingredients.
Learn more about some of the Sunshine Coast's top destinations. Call us today for availability or more information.
- Discover Gibsons, the gateway to the Sunshine Coast, where the world-famous show, The Beachcombers, was filmed
- Enjoy fish and chips at the iconic Molly's Reach restaurant
- Stroll along the shops in this quaint town voted one of the most livable communities in the world by the United Nations
- Visit the Gibsons Public Market, a convenient locale to purchase fresh produce and artisan crafts
- Relax on the beach, kayak through the harbour, visit the Sprockids Bike Park, or take a hike up the popular Soames Hill.
- This laid back community is located on on a sandbar and is home to artisans and adventurers
- Time your trip with one of the community's many summer festivals
- Visit the many independent cafes, galleries and shops within downtown Sechelt
- Discover the scenic beaches, hiking trails and waterfalls within the local provincial parks.
- Away from the crowds, Halfmoon Bay & Secret Cove are an ideal spot for cruising
- One of the Sunshine Coast's smallest communities, many of the residents live here only in the summer
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic on the sandy beaches with your closest family and friends
- Anchor across from Vancouver Island, and experience the wildlife & views in the heart of the Salish Sea
- Grab one of our bikes and tour along the trails suitable for all riders
- Hike up to Smuggler's Cove for incredible views of this picturesque inlet.
- Powell River is one of the largest towns on the Sunshine Coast, making it an all-season destination
- Unique to British Columbia, Powell River famously contains the historic Townsite district, a neighbourhood boosting heritage homes from the town's industrial days in the early 20th century
- Here is where avid hikers are able to access one end of the Sunshine Coast Trail, a 180 kilometre traila that spans the length of the coast.
The Sunshine Coast Ale Trail stretches across the region and is part of British Columbia's booming distillery and brewing industry. Travel to the many brewhouses, farms and lounges that promote their own unique ales.
Within Sechelt, you can experience various different kinds of adventure. Known for its golfing, scuba diving, and Indigenous museums, there is something for everyone.
The Sunshine Coast is home to the most artists per capita in the country. This means that there are various galleries to explore for those who are interested in the fine arts.
A private charter through the Sunshine Coast is a one of a kind scenic adventure! With the help of our crew of local experts, we will take you bring you directly into the heart of the coast.
For guests planning on spending additional time in any of the destinations listed above, we are happy to provide recommendations on various attractions, accommodation and dining options.
- All Remote West Coast Adventures Charters include:
- A custom itinerary outlining your adventure
- Desired number of nights accommodation aboard the Union Jack
- A personalized menu featuring gourmet breakfasts, lunches, and dinners along with snacks and coffee offered in between
- Use of all recreational equipment aboard the Union Jack
- Waterproof gear and excess luggage storage.