Canadian West Coast Voyages by Boutique Ship
Explore Vancouver Island’s Rich History
Discover Vancouver Island’s Culture and History
Vancouver Island offers a quintessential blend of nature and culture all by the sea. Here you will see how the wilds of the rainforest exist in harmony with modern life, protected by the residents’ desire to maintain this ethereal place. At the southern end of this island, unearth the fascinating history and stunning scenery famous to beautiful British Columbia.
Boasting the mildest climate in Canada, Vancouver Island is home to many ports, all of which are accessible from Vancouver. With genteel cities to rugged communities, Vancouver Island has inspired expeditions in international and local travellers for generations. Adventurers can experience the breathtaking wildlife who roam the waters and land, the long stretches of beaches, and the trails leading through a forested wonderland.
Discover the center of BC’s history in Downtown Victoria’s Inner Harbour. Here you will encounter the iconic sight of the famous Fairmont Empress Hotel, Royal BC Museum and BC’s Legislative Buildings. Following the shoreline along the eastern side of Vancouver Island, pass by charming seaside villages such as Sidney and Oak Bay where residents enjoy a serene waterfront lifestyle. Or travel past the Southern Gulf Islands to larger the communities of Cowichan Bay and Nanaimo.
Learn more about some of Vancouver Island’s top destinations. Call us today for availability or more information.
- BC’s beautiful capital city, Victoria is accessible by ferry, car and seaplane
- Explore the scenic Inner Harbour, where you will find the Fairmont Empress Hotel and BC Legislative Buildings.
- Stroll along Government Street where independent shops are housed in colourful Victorian era buildings
- Discover historic Chinatown, home to Fan Tan Alley, the narrowest commercial street in Canada
- Walk through Beacon Hill Park to see the Story Pole, which was the tallest free standing totem pole in the world in the 1950s.
Sidney By the Sea
- Just minutes from the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal is the community of Sidney by the Sea
- Discover local treasures and history at the town’s multiple book and antique stores
- Enjoy the 2.5 kilometre stroll along the ocean with the Waterfront Walkway
- Located near the Southern Gulf Islands, Sidney is an opportune location for wildlife viewing.
- The fashionable and affluent neighborhood of Oak Bay highlights local art and culture
- Find boutiques, galleries, upscale cafes and restaurants on picturesque tree-lined streets
- Visit the Chinese cemetery at Harlington Point
- Visit the Tod House, the once home to John Tod a senior executive of the Hudson’s Bay Company and member of the province’s first legislative council.
- Found near the Southern Gulf Islands, Cowichan Bay is a charming fishing village
- Explore nearby hiking and mountain biking trails, or the grand wooden Kinsol Trestle, formerly used to haul timber
- Learn about local Indigenous cultures at local First Nation businesses, totem pole sites, museums, and galleries.
Across from Victoria’s Inner Harbour lies to historical Fairmont Empress Hotel, a preferred spot for Afternoon Tea. Afterwards head next door to the Royal BC Museum to learn about our province and the history of BC’s Indigenous Peoples. Or visit the local Victorian-era mansion known as Craigdarroch Castle.
Along the shores of the small community of Brentwood Bay is the Butchart Gardens, a 55-acre property with five magnificent gardens that is also a national historic site of Canada.
A picturesque seaside community home to thriving boutique businesses, including the prestigious Victoria Golf Club and Oak Bay Golf Club.
*Attractions and activities listed in this section are may not be included in the price of the charter.
A private charter through Vancouver Island is a one of a kind scenic adventure! With the help of our crew of local experts, we will take you bring you directly into the heart of the coast.
For guests planning on spending additional time in any of the destinations listed above, we are happy to provide recommendations on various attractions, accommodation and dining options.
All Remote West Coast Adventures Charters include:
- A custom itinerary outlining your adventure
- Desired number of nights accommodation aboard the Union Jack
- A personalized menu featuring gourmet breakfasts, lunches, and dinners along with snacks and coffee offered in between
- Use of all recreational equipment aboard the Union Jack
- Waterproof gear and excess luggage storage.