Canadian West Coast Voyages by Boutique Ship
Desolation Sound Yacht Charters
Journey through B.C.'s Discovery Islands
Adventure Among Inlets, Coves and Parks
Known as a boater’s paradise, travelling through Desolation Sound is your gateway to unparalleled adventure. Located on the edge of remote communities, this region possesses deep water passageways among a maze of islands possessing old growth forests, sparkling waterfalls and sandy shorelines.
Surrounded by BC’s famous coastal mountains, this warm water destination offers a cruising experience through calm, protected waters where hiking and kayaking excursions provide the chance to view an abundance of marine life. As you travel through the inlets and coves, find safe anchorage at scenic points such as Prideaux Haven, Tenedos Bay and Grace Harbour.
Pass by immaculate provincial parks and communities that embrace the serenity of their locations. Cruising along the clear, shimmering water you will have the opportunity to learn about the Indigenous cultures who have acted as stewards of the land for thousands of generations.
Learn more about some of Desolation Sound's top destinations. Call us today for availability or more information.
- The largest and nearest port to Desolation Sound is Campbell River, and is only a short distance from popular island destinations
- A self-described natural paradise with countless outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, diving, wildlife viewing and more
- Visit some of the many notable craft breweries and distilleries, among fine dining and ocean front restaurants
- Enjoy oceanfront walks or hiking trails to destinations like Elk Falls or Strathcona Provincial Park
- A historic island where the tides of north and south Vancouver Island meets
- See old docks and machinery, relics from the Island’s industrial past
- Visit the Nuyumbalees Cultural Centre to learn about the local Indigenous cultures in Yaculta
- Take part in hiking and biking excursions along scenic island trails
- Hike to the heritage Cape Mudge Lighthouse.
- One of the Discovery Islands described as an outdoor paradise with a thriving arts scene
- Visit Cortes Bay, and outstations for the Royal Vancouver and Seattle Yacht Clubs
- Explore the shipwreck at the edge of Squirrel Cove.
- Stop in Squirrel Cove to visit the Klahoose First Nations.
- Stroll along the white sandy beaches of Savary Island, a hidden gem on the coast
- Relax with a day at the beach as the warmer climate provides excellent swimming opportunities
- Explore the meadows, cliffs and mountains that is home to sensitive ecosystems.
To learn about local history, visit the Maritime Exhibit, Campbell River Museum or seasonal Discovery Passage Aquarium. If you are visiting between July to September, try snorkeling with salmon.
For those travelling between mid-August to October have the chance to view grizzly bears fish the water for spawning salmon in Toba Inlet with a guide from the Klahoose First Nations.
On Quadra Island, discover the history and culture of the Kwakwaka’wakw Peoples at the Nuyumbalees Cultural Centre.
*Attractions and activities listed in this section are may not be included in the price of the charter.
Cruising through Desolation Sound is an scenic adventure to experience calm ocean conditions in a stunning location.
We recommend starting your charter at the port of Campbell River. Most guests visiting this area spend at least 5-7 days.
For guests planning to spend additional time in the destinations listed above or elsewhere during their time in BC, we are happy to provide recommendations regarding accommodation, dining, and attractions.
All Remote West Coast Adventures charters include:
- A custom itinerary outlining your adventure
- Desired number of nights accommodation aboard the Union Jack
- Gourmet breakfasts, lunches, dinners along with snacks and coffee served in between
- Use of on board recreational equipment
- Waterproof gear and excess luggage storage