Canadian West Coast Voyages by Boutique Ship
If you would like to book a private charter, you can give one of our personal concierges a call at 604-398-5568 (toll-free: 1-844-634-7922) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team is happy to answer all your questions and help create a one of a kind adventure.
Private charters are bookable between April to December. The newly renovated Union Jack is a stunning venue for any family vacation, corporate event and or holiday party. We can host up to 40 guests for the day and 12 overnight and can provide onboard catering.
For 2020 & 2021, we are only accepting private charter bookings as a result of the coronavirus. After each group has departed the ship, our crew will deep-clean the boat in order sanitize all rooms and decks of the Union Jack.Additionally, we have made adjustments to our cancellation policy as a result of the virus. Please visit our booking and cancellation policy page to learn more.
Your charter price will include your group's accommodation, your meals and drinks aboard the Union Jack, the use of our activity equipment such as kayaks, fishing equipment, and bikes, along with your own custom flexible itinerary.
Guests are responsible for any additional tours, meals, or activities they wish to partake in, along with transportation to and from the start and ending destinations.
Gratuities for other tour or charter companies such as the Klahoose First Nations are optional and highly appreciated but are not included in the tour price.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and e-transfers.
We require a minimum 90 days notice before your departure date for private charters to receive a partial refund. See our full booking and cancellation policy here.
Additionally, we will be sending each passenger their own Remote West Coast Adventures duffel bag to hold their clothing and personal items. As space is limited in the state rooms and to protect the interior of the ships, we can store excess luggage and ask that no hard shell luggage be allowed on board.
The tours involve different levels of hiking and walking and require guests to be able to board the ship with minimal assistance. Additionally, the Union Jack is an older ship with steep, narrow stairs and passageways. While we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on board, we are do have cabins available on the main deck for those with limited mobility.
We encourage guests to contact us if they have any accessibility questions.
There are many ways to reach our starting and end destinations as described below. If you have any questions about your transportation requirements please feel free to reach out to one of our personal concierges.
- Take BC Ferries from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay. Catch the number 72 bus to the Fifth at Beacon Stop or take a 15 minute taxi ride. Limited long term parking is available with more information on the city website for those with vehicles: Sidney Parking Information
- Alternative, you can take a seaplane from Vancouver Harbour to Victoria Harbour with Harbour Air and catch the number 72 bus or take a 30 minute cab ride.
- Flights offered between Vancouver and Campbell River with Pacifical Coastal Airlines
- Take the BC Ferries sailing from Vancouver to Nanaimo and drive to Campbell River
- Take the Vancouver Island Connector Bus from Nanaimo to Campbell River
- Flights offered between Port Hardy with Pacific Coastal Airlines and take a cab to Port McNiell
- Flights offered between Seattle and the Kenmore/Lake Washington area and Port McNiell through Kenmore Air and Northwest Seaplanes.
- Toba Inlet can be reached by travelling to Campbell River and taking the water taxi to our ship which will be docked at the edge of the inlet. This taxi ride is included in the cost of your stay on the ship.
- Flights offered between Toba Inlet Wilderness Resort and Seattle with Kenmore Air and Northwest Seaplanes. Pick up at the resort by Remote West Coast Adventures crew with advance notice.
We recommend dressing for the season, in layers. Things such as active wear, sturdy walking or hiking boots, raingear, jackets and gloves are all good items to have. A complete list of recommended items will be set with your information package.
Safety equipment such as lifejackets, helmets, etc are all provided by Remote West Coast Adventures.
As there is limited space in each cabin, we will provide you with a soft duffle back for you to bring onto the boat. Excess luggage can be stored with advance notice. Please note that hard luggage will not be accepted as it can damage the ship's interior.
All of the rooms aboard the Union Jack are designed for comfort in mind. Each floor offers a different experience. Our rooms named Gabriola and Texada on the upper deck include private ensuites and shared double beds. On the main deck, the rooms Saturna and Galiano are centrally located with no stairs needed to access them and feature bunk beds. On the bottom deck, the remaining rooms Pender and Gambier are located at the heart of the ship and also feature bunk beds.For any guest located in Pender, our crew may require access to the room to manage our anchor chain. We assure you they will be discreet and will provide you with advance notice.
Eco-tourism focuses on sustainable tourism and conservation of natural landscapes. At Remote West Coast Adventures, we are committed to our sustainability initiatives and fulfilling our duties as responsible tour operators. These include:
- Low Impact Tours: Our goal is to leave no trace or visible impact on the destinations we visit with our maximum 12 passenger groups.
- Community Participation: Remote West Coast Adventures is a part of various organizations dedicated to the overall sustainability of BC such as the Tourism Wilderness Association of BC. We also support local businesses and community members such as the Klahoose First Nation through various partnerships.
- Onboard Initiatives: Our onboard initiatives include a recycling program, sourcing local ingredients for our menu, offering reusable items, limiting of towel and bed sheet washing, and offering activities such as kayaking and biking that produce zero emissions.
- Maximized Tours: Our tours are offered continuously over the season with some ending and starting on the same day. Additionally we offer re-positioning tours where guests can travel up the coast with us, reducing the amount of time the ship is in use without guests.